Monday, June 8, 2015

Chipotle Inspired Bathroom Reveal


I don't love the name Chipotle Bathroom. But after my Dad said it reminded him of the restaurant, the name stuck.  The plethora of corrugated steel is the only similarity, but it helps us differentiate between this bathroom, the Subway Tile Guest Bathroom and the Master Bath.

I really wish I still had a picture of the horrific sink vanity and miniature toilet, but we had a recent technology malfunction. Picture a laminate countertop of the puke green and yellow marble variety, atop a heavy brown cabinet. And the toilet was for tiny people. Whenever I sat down, I landed with a thud since I wasn't expecting to drop so low. This room was ugly and dysfunctional.
Before
During
After
So we purchased a taller toilet and made a few other changes as well. I really love the new washroom feel. Around the corner from the laundry room, it reminds me of a bathroom you might find in the servants' quarters of an old mansion. (That's mostly thanks to the clawfoot tub, which I firmly believe is a necessity in any house.) While pretending to be Cinderella certainly helped pass the hours wiping drywall dust off the walls and floor, the true Cinderella is the bathroom itself.








Though this isn't our first experience experience with clawfoot tubs, we made a remarkable, new discovery. Instead of repainting the feet, Jordan sanded them down. This revealed a beautiful, silver-colored, cast iron glow.




The benefit of using corrugated steel for our bathroom's makeover was that it's relatively cheap, and less time consuming than tile to install. (Especially subway tile!) While the real Cinderella didn't strive to resemble a healthyish fast food restaurant, we like the industrial look it lent our bathroom. That and the sudden craving for burritos that hits you upon entering. 

8 comments:

  1. Looks GREAT! And I really like your styling details :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful ! Still amazed at the claw foot . That's so pretty !

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE how your bathroom turned out!
    Sorry, can't talk now-headed to chipotle.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! It has that effect on people! Thanks for reading, Mickey!

      Delete
  4. What did you use for the base board and chair rail? This is what I am doing in our bathroom now.

    ReplyDelete