Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Cody's Bathroom Reveal

Hey everybody! I'm back, after a mere 6 months of blogging maternity leave.

Lucky for you, we Jordan finished my brother's house during that time, so I have lots of exciting posts coming up! That is, if subway tile and sheet rock are exciting to you. 

Unfortunately my sleep deprived brain isn't functioning like it used to. It takes me thirty seconds longer than it should to remember basic words like house or pipe. So let's all pretend together that these posts are witty and insightful and make sense, okay? 

When I left you, Jordan was in the midst of the bathroom remodel. I'm going to pick up where we left off and show you the finished product. 

Before
After
It's challenging to make a basement room feel luxurious.  Jordan had the task of creating a master bath (and bedroom) in the basement of this house. While I love pretending, even I did not have enough creativity to see how the cellar of Cody's house could become a beautiful space. But clearly Jordan had the vision and executed it perfectly.

{These shots are all taken from the same angle}
Getting the vision...
He started with this...
Added walls...

Added subway tile, of course...

Grout, grout, grout.
Cabinets, sinks, mirrors, fixtures..
And voila! 
The subway tile ceiling is one of my favorite features.

 Same space, same angle:


Sneak peak at the master bedroom, and the sliding door leading to the bathroom...


Oh, and contrary to what the pictures show, we did add a toilet to this bathroom. It's hiding in a little nook to the right of the sinks. 

(Insert witty, profound conclusion that ties the post together beautifully.)

The end.


Sources:
Sink and faucets--IKEA
Floor Tile-Lowe's
Sink Cabinets--Habitat for Humanity Restore
Everything Else-Home Depot

2 comments:

  1. Enjoyed this thoroughly, including your wit! Beautiful job (on the bathroom and the blog).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm gobsmacked! Wow...beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete