Saturday, July 25, 2015

Master Bath Reveal


I promise this is a different bathroom from the subway tile bathroom. We may have gotten a bit carried away with the subway tile theme in this house. But can you blame us? It looks so clean and fresh and beautiful! 


Especially compared to how the master bath used to look:


Jordan remodeled this bathroom in five days. I left for Florida and the bathroom looked like this:


When I returned, it looked slightly different:


While I was thrilled with the herringbone accent tiles, and the custom made shower bench and wall, my dream for this bathroom always included a chandelier. I scoured the internet daily for the perfect one. It had to be gorgeous, and it had to be less than $100. I knew it wouldn't be easy. But one day, the Home Depot website came through. It had a fun, modern, $40 pendant. The only problem? It was out of stock. I waited weeks for the email saying it was available. And then, when it finally came, I waited two days too long. Everyone else snatched it up before I did.
I'd almost resigned myself to keeping the original bathroom light.
But then, I remembered Amazon, and found a beautiful chandelier for only $85. I will forever be grateful to Lish, who posted in the comments that this chandelier was available for less money at Hobby Lobby. I promptly called my local store, they set aside the last one for me, and I purchased it at 50% off the regular price for $40. Who knew Hobby Lobby had light fixtures!?








A few before and afters:






 Sources:

Floor and wall tile, vanity light, sink vanity, radiator covers: Home Depot
Showerhead, shower base: Restore
Chandelier: Hobby Lobby

1 comment: